129 S Broadway, Redondo Beach, CA, 90277 · 267-235-9000 · email@example.com
To obtain a challenging position where I can use my knowledge and skills in coding, team management, game systems, and writing to grow my expertise and make a positive contribution within the gaming industry.
B.A. in Planned Studies:Video Games & Society August 2006 – May 2010
Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, GPA. 3.3, Dean’s List
Semester Abroad in Akita, Japan
Principles of Computing Science I & II, Java Programming, Flash for Animation & Games, 3D Animation Programming, Game Development, The Gaming Industry, Creative Writing, Technology & Society
Game Development Experience
Independent Study in Game Design,Ithaca College January 2010 – May 2010
- Networked with industry professionals and participated in the Game Design track at GDC 2010
- Researched technical, theoretical, and psychological principles of game design
President & Founder, Ithaca College Game Developers ClubSeptember 2009 – May 2010
- Acted as a mentor for the game development team of 8 students, offering leadership, guidance, assistance, and feedback on a regular basis.
- Created and updated game design documents to guide team development of Flash micro-games.
- Organized and participated in a 24-hour Game Jam event at RIT.
- Connected club members to mentors in the gaming industry.
Junior Web Developer, YogaFit Inc.January 2011 – June 2011
- Managed a complex e-commerce website that serves an international network of over 200,000 trainers.
- Collaborated with in-house staff and outside contractors on releasing new products and website content.
- Spearheaded and completed new website projects under tight deadlines.
Teaching Assistant, Intro To Sociology, Ithaca College August 2007 – December 2007
- Collaborated with course professor to prepare and deliver a 50 minute course lecture each week.
- Graded the coursework of 16 students, and offered extra assistance outside of normal class time.
“Apocalypse Halo.” Halo and Philosophy, edited by Luke Cuddy. Chicago: Open Court Publishing, 2011.
Skills & Qualifications
- General Purpose Programming Languages: C++, Objective C, Java
- Computer Software: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite